Festive Roast Turkey with Saint Agur blue cheese
A simple twist on the showstopper itself, this recipe will guarantee a perfectly moist and flavoursome turkey every time. Try this delicious recipe created by Chef Juan Arbelaez.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 120 minutes
- 1 small turkey (2-3 kilos)
- 2 packs of Saint Agur 150g
- 3 Williams pears
- 5 garlic heads
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 organic orange
- 1 bunch of lemon thyme
- 1 loaf of bread
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Break down the Saint Agur with a fork until you get a smooth texture. Place the mixture in a piping bag.
- Gently run your fingers under the skin of the turkey starting from the rump and going to the thighs and upper thighs. Place the piping bag between the skin and the turkey meat and start stuffing the turkey by evenly spreading the Saint Agur mixture.
- Place some pieces of the loaf of bread inside the turkey so it can collect the juices from the turkey.
- Cut the potatoes and pears into quarters and place on a roasting dish. Add the lemon thyme, the unpeeled garlic cloves and place the turkey on top of them. Finish with some chopped parsley and the juice of an orange plus a bit of orange zest.
- Roast for 2 hours and bast regularly.
- Once the turkey is done, cover with some foil and let it rest for an hour in the oven with the door open.