Chunky new potato bake with crispy bacon and Saint Agur Blue Cheese
If you’re after the perfect side or good old-fashioned comfort food, you can’t beat a Saint Agur potato bake – simply too good to resist!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- 150g streaky bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick slices
- 50g garden peas
- 150g Saint Agur Blue Cheese Wedge, crumbled
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Cook the bacon and red onion in a shallow frying pan over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently mix the potatoes, bacon, onion and peas together.
- Place in a baking dish and add the stock. Cook uncovered at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas mark 5 for 20-30 minutes. Scatter the cheese on top and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve as a meal or with roasted chicken and tomato salad.