Creamy carrot soup with Saint Agur Blue Cheese Crème
Nothing says comfort like a warm bowl of soup, and you’ll be hooked by the deliciously different flavour Saint Agur adds to this carrot soup. To enjoy during the chilly autumn and winter months!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 50g butter
- 750g carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Handful of freshly chopped parsley
- 4 tsp Saint Agur Blue Cheese Crème
- 2 tsp milk
- 50g croutons
- Ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the carrots and onions and cook gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stock and then cover before simmering for 30-35 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Leave the mixture to cool a little before blending until almost smooth, leave just a few chunks of carrot.
- Return the mixture to the pan, before seasoning with pepper. Stir in the parsley and heat gently.
- Mix the Saint Agur Blue Cheese Crème and the milk together, swirl on top of the soup after dividing into bowls. Sprinkle with the croutons to serve.