Figs with Saint Agur blue cheese and caramelised walnuts
Sweet figs meet tangy blue cheese – the surprising combination of fruit and Saint Agur. Perfect for a desert with friends.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 6 figs (fresh)
- 50 ml apple juice
- 20 g sugar
- 30 g walnuts
- 50 ml Port
- 125 g Saint Agur
- Cut off the top of the fruit (at the top third of the fruit) and puree it with the apple juice.
- To prepare the topping, toast the walnuts in a frying pan, without fat. When they are sufficiently toasted, remove them from the pan and chop roughly.
- In the same pan, melt the sugar, add the walnuts and allow to caramelise. Remove the walnuts from the pan and allow to cool.
- Pour the Port into the pan. Add the fig puree with the Port and heat while stirring.
- Put some fig puree on a plate, place the figs in the middle of the puree. Dice the Saint Agur and arrange on the figs. Sprinkle caramelised walnuts over the figs with cheese.
- Arrange the remaining compote in a bowl. Serve the figs with cheese with a slice of nut bread.