Saint Agur blue cheese nuggets
With a melting heart in a crispy Panko crust, our delicious Saint Agur blue cheese nuggets are the perfect match for an original and generous appetiser. Let your guests enjoy a small tasty bite of creamy blue cheese !
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- For the bites
- 250g of Saint Agur
- 4 tbsp. of flour
- 1 egg
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 100 g Panko breadcrumb (Japanese breadcrumb)
- For the dip
- 75 g mayonnaise
- 25 g fig jam
- Cut the Saint Agur blue cheese in 8 equal pieces.
- With your hands, shape each cheese piece in the form of small balls before placing them in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes in the freezer, dip the cheese pieces into flour, then into the whisked egg and finally into the Panko breadcrumb.
- Fry the pieces in plenty of oil in a deep pan.
- To prepare the mayonnaise, stir the mayonnaise with fig jam/marmalade until smooth and serve it in a small bowl.
- Serve the Saint Agur nuggets hot and crispy with fig mayonnaise.