Soft onion tagliatelle and Saint Agur carbonara
Revisit the classical carbornara recipe in an unique way. Delicious and original, this recipe will be perfect to impress your guests.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 250g Saint Agur
- 250g onions
- 40cl single cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 250g smoked pork belly/ lardons
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the onions evenly into 2 mm thick rings, then cut each ring once to create a tagliatelle. Heat up the cream and add the onion tagliatelle. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Dry the onions and set them aside in a bowl. Keep the cooking cream and use it to cook the leftovers of the oinion for 20 minutes. Dry them off by applying pressure (keep the cooking cream), reduce to a fine purée and pass through a sieve. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Keep warm.
- Cut the pork belly into small lardons, brown them in a non-stick frying pan: they should be well-coloured and crispy. Keep them warm.
- Retrieve the cooking cream used for the onion purée and add 50 g of Saint Agur. Heat gently for 3 minutes and then mix until it becomes a smooth and fragrant cream.
- Separate the eggs, keeping the yolks intact.
- Serve a spoon of onion cream onto each plate and arrange some of the onion tagliatelle on top.Drizzle with Saint Agur cream and serve an egg yolk atop the tagliatelle. Sprinkle with small pieces of Saint Agur (the remaining 200 g) and crispy lardons. Season with pepper and serve immediately.
- CHEF’S TIP: For a more substantial dish, mix the onion tagliatelle with fresh pasta cooked on the fly.