Savoury tart with Saint Agur blue cheese, ham and rocket
Creating a perfect balance between originality and freshness, this savoury tart with Saint Agur blue cheese, ham and rocket is absolutely perfect for a summer picnic.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- For the pastry
- 250g wheat flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 150 ml cider
- For the topping
- 150g Saint Agur
- 100g sliced mushrooms (ideally a mixed variety of mushrooms)
- 30g rocket
- 6 slices of cured ham
- 150g crème fraiche
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp of liquid honey
- Preheat the oven to 250C with a baking tray inside.
- For the pastry: Mix all the ingredients by hand or with a mixer until the dough becomes smooth. Divide the dough in three and roll out each portion very thinly on a lightly floured surface. Lay the pastry dough on three sheets of baking paper.
- For the topping: Bring to room temperature half of the Saint Agur by breaking it down with a fork until you get a smooth texture. Mix the crème fraiche with the Saint Agur, the Dijon mustard and the honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread a third of that mixture onto the pastry dough and lay the sliced mushrooms on top of it.
- Place the baking sheet with the pastry and the topping on the hot baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven and decorate with the ham, some rocket leaves and little cubes of Saint Agur leaving enough for the other two tarts. Repeat this process twice or until you run out of pastry dough.