Apple and walnut salad with Saint Agur blue cheese
This delicious salad it the perfect accompaniment with the Saint Agur blue cheese soufflé by Raymond Blanc
Recipe © Raymond Blanc / Photograph © Chris Terry
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: NA minutes
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into quarters, core removed and thinly sliced
- 3 celery sticks, peeled, cut into small slices
- 8 celery leaves (optional)
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves (a bitter chicory or radicchio is best)
- FOR THE WALNUT VINAIGRETTE:
- 20g walnut oil
- 20g grapeseed oil
- 12g white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- TO SERVE:
- 8 walnuts, toasted and crushed
- 20g Saint Agur blue cheese, cut to 1cm dice
- FOR THE SALAD: In a large bowl, mix together the salad ingredients.
- FOR THE WALNUT VINAIGRETTE: In a medium bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together by hand. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- TO SERVE: Dress the salad with the walnut dressing. Arrange the salad on one side of each plate, leaving room for the soufflé. Scatter with toasted walnuts and the Saint Agur blue cheese.