Mini red onion, parma ham and Saint Agur Blue Cheese quiches
An easy, oh-so-good quiche that will amaze your friends. Cooked with Saint Agur to add some originality to your dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- 200g shortcrust pastry
- Flour to rollout
- 4 small red onions, peeled and cut into very thin slices
- 2 slices of Parma or Serrano ham, each cut into 6 pieces
- 75g Saint Agur Blue Cheese Wedge, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75ml single cream
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured board. Use pastry to line a 12-hole bun tin. Bake blind first by lining each pastry case with greaseproof paper and a little uncooked rice or unused pastry dough. Cook for 5-8 minutes at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas mark 6.
- Remove the greaseproof paper and rice. Divide the onion, ham and cheese between the pastry bases.
- Mix the egg and cream together and pour a little into each quiche. Return to the oven and cook at 190ºC/375ºF/Gas mark 5 for 15-20 minutes. Best served warm.