Stuffed conchiglioni with veal and Saint Agur
Saint Agur blue cheese, veal and mixed herbs come together to give this incredibly homely pasta shell dish. Easy and impressive, this recipe has the ‘wow’ factor you are looking for !
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 150g Saint Agur Blue Cheese
- 400g conchiglioni
- 500g minced veal
- 1 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 sticks tarragon
- 1 small bunch chervil
- 50ml + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml tomato coulis (tomato purée)
- salt, ground pepper
- Boil the conchiglioni for 3 to 4 min. in a large saucepan of salt water. Drain and then cool under cold water. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to prevent them from sticking together.
- Peel and chop the onion and the garlic cloves, soften them together for 5 min. in a frying pan with the rest of the olive oil.
- In a separate container, mix the minced veal with the softened onion and garlic, the chopped herbs, half of the Saint Agur cut into small pieces, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, thermostat 6.
- Fill the conchiglioni with the meat-herb mixture.
- Add a little water to the tomato coulis to dilute it slightly.
- Place conchiglioni in a large oven dish, pour the tomato coulis all around and then sprinkle with the rest of the Saint Agur, crumbled into pieces.
- Bake the conchiglioni for 30 min. in the oven. Enjoy while fresh from the oven.